#< #5.0.0> #SMTP#
Miha
2009-02-19 15:34:13 UTC
Hi

Some of our company users are getting the following error #< #5.0.0> #SMTP#
when they try to send mail. It's strange, this happens only to some domains,
but sending from a different server like gmail works OK.
We have Exchange 2007, so I'm thinking that there must be some kind of a
problem? Any ideas what and where to look?
Regards,Miha
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
2009-03-20 13:03:13 UTC
Post by Miha
Hi
Some of our company users are getting the following error #< #5.0.0>
#SMTP# when they try to send mail. It's strange, this happens only to
some domains, but sending from a different server like gmail works OK.
We have Exchange 2007, so I'm thinking that there must be some kind
of a problem? Any ideas what and where to look?
Regards,Miha
Hi - you've posted in large number of groups, but they're all Exchange 2000,
and those don't get a lot of traffic. I suggest you post in
microsoft.public.exchange.admin. You'll need to include the full text of the
NDR your users are getting.
oz.Casey Dedeal
2009-03-30 17:16:29 UTC
The generic translation of 5.0.0 is
'Generic message for no route is available to deliver a message or failure.
If it is an outbound SMTP message, make sure that an address space is
available and have proper routing groups listed"

http://smtp25.blogspot.com/2007/04/common-ndr-codes-possible-cause-and_6090.html

If I did understand correctly you are able to sent mail out some domains but
aren't able to do for others. The emails you are sending out might be
considered as unsolicited e-mails on the destination smtp domains who are
rejecting your e-mails

Fire up command line and issue basic mail test to one of these smtp domains
to see what response are you getting and fix the issues accordingly
you can also perform lookup online to see if your domain is listed in any of
the spam list

--oz