"Send on behalf" and two forests
PM
2008-12-08 14:26:43 UTC
UserA logs in to DomainA. He can access his mailbox fine.

UserA then logs in as UserB in Domain B. Domain A and Domain B are in
separate forests, with a two-way external trust set up. Exchange 2000 is
installed in Domain A, Exchange 2007 is installed in Domain B.

The user wants to access his UserA mailbox while logged in as UserB.
UserB has been given full access rights to UserA's mailbox. Reading email is
fine.

When trying to send email, Outlook gives a message that UserB cannot send on
behalf of UserA. If the DomainA admin tries to add UserB's mailbox to the
Send On Behalf list, the result is an error:
"A constraint violation occurred. Facility: LDAP provider. ID no: 8007202f.
Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension."

How to fix?

Many thanks

Pete
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
2008-12-08 14:31:27 UTC
Post by PM
UserA logs in to DomainA. He can access his mailbox fine.
UserA then logs in as UserB in Domain B. Domain A and Domain B are in
separate forests, with a two-way external trust set up. Exchange 2000
is installed in Domain A, Exchange 2007 is installed in Domain B.
The user wants to access his UserA mailbox while logged in as UserB.
UserB has been given full access rights to UserA's mailbox. Reading
email is fine.
When trying to send email, Outlook gives a message that UserB cannot
send on behalf of UserA. If the DomainA admin tries to add UserB's
8007202f. Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension."
How to fix?
Many thanks
Pete
Grant UserB 'send as' rights to User A's mailbox. Or just configure Outlook
for User B so that it prompts for credentials, and connects using User A's
credentials.
PM
2008-12-09 08:56:09 UTC
Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
Post by PM
UserA logs in to DomainA. He can access his mailbox fine.
UserA then logs in as UserB in Domain B. Domain A and Domain B are in
separate forests, with a two-way external trust set up. Exchange 2000
is installed in Domain A, Exchange 2007 is installed in Domain B.
The user wants to access his UserA mailbox while logged in as UserB.
UserB has been given full access rights to UserA's mailbox. Reading
email is fine.
When trying to send email, Outlook gives a message that UserB cannot
send on behalf of UserA. If the DomainA admin tries to add UserB's
8007202f. Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension."
How to fix?
Many thanks
Pete
Grant UserB 'send as' rights to User A's mailbox.
Thanks - that worked! I missed that setting because it is not in the
Exchange tabs.

Pete
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
2008-12-10 00:44:49 UTC
Post by PM
[...]
Which one, just out of curiosity? I'd personally go for 'option B' and have
Outlook prompt the user for credentials. Keeps things simpler.
PM
2008-12-10 09:54:00 UTC
Post by PM
[...]

This is the best option for me because we're moving our whole system to a
new forest, there will be a period of time when the users log in to the new
domain/forest but Exchange is still on the old system.
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]