Forwarding to Contact does not work
Jay
2008-11-06 11:08:18 UTC
Please Help

I have an exchange Server 2000 SP3. All works fine except I have a problem
with forwarding to Contacts.

If I create a contact in exchange I can send mail to it from an internal
account. However, if I configure a user so that all emails are forwarded to
this contact, as well as leaving a local copy in the exchange mail account
the mail is returned as undeliverable.

If I send to the main account from an external address the mail is delivered
to the main account but I receive an email from the postmaster saying the the
mail could not be dlivered to the second (forwarding) address.

Therefore even though mail can be sent to the contact it cannot be forwarded
to.

Any ideas most welcome

Thanks

jay
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
2008-11-06 14:12:32 UTC
Post by Jay
Please Help
I have an exchange Server 2000 SP3. All works fine except I have a
problem with forwarding to Contacts.
If I create a contact in exchange I can send mail to it from an
internal account. However, if I configure a user so that all emails
are forwarded to this contact, as well as leaving a local copy in the
exchange mail account the mail is returned as undeliverable.
If I send to the main account from an external address the mail is
delivered to the main account but I receive an email from the
postmaster saying the the mail could not be dlivered to the second
(forwarding) address.
What's the exact text of the NDR?
Post by Jay
Therefore even though mail can be sent to the contact it cannot be
forwarded to.
Any ideas most welcome
Thanks
jay
Does this happen regardless of the contact address? If you set up another
contact with another external address (try gmail), does it still happen?