Mail box size differ
Mark Lewis
2008-11-05 09:50:28 UTC
If I look on the 1st storage group the total mail box size is about 8 gig, when I look at the priv1.edb is 16 gig, I've tried to offline defrag but still they are different, now the store won't always mount, if it does emails fail

Help!
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
2008-11-05 20:00:41 UTC
Post by Mark Lewis
If I look on the 1st storage group the total mail box size is about 8
gig, when I look at the priv1.edb is 16 gig,
If you're using E2k Standard, you definitely have to do an offline defrag.
What does event 1221 tell you you've got in free space?

.]> I've tried to offline
Post by Mark Lewis
defrag but still they are different,
Deleted Item Retention is one explanation. You can zero that out and restart
the IS.
Post by Mark Lewis
now the store won't always
mount, if it does emails fail
What do you mean?
Help!
Mark Lewis
2008-11-05 22:05:00 UTC
Can't find that event in event viewer, should there be an exchange section
along with applications, security etc?! SBS2K version of exchange

Deleted retention is zero

Post by Mark Lewis
defrag but still they are different,
Deleted Item Retention is one explanation. You can zero that out and
restart the IS.
Post by Mark Lewis
now the store won't always
mount, if it does emails fail
What do you mean?
Help!
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
2008-11-06 01:20:49 UTC
Post by Mark Lewis
Can't find that event in event viewer, should there be an exchange
section along with applications, security etc?! SBS2K version of
exchange
It's in the application log...if you don't see it, you've got some problems
with online maintenance, which is supposed to be running nightly.
Post by Mark Lewis
Deleted retention is zero
And always has been?
Post by Mark Lewis
defrag but still they are different,
Deleted Item Retention is one explanation. You can zero that out and
restart the IS.
Post by Mark Lewis
now the store won't always
mount, if it does emails fail
What do you mean?
Help!
Mark Lewis
2008-11-06 18:33:46 UTC
Would it be worth doing an upgrade on the server to SBS 2003 Premium
addition? would it fix the errors?

Thanks

Mark
Post by Mark Lewis
Can't find that event in event viewer, should there be an exchange
section along with applications, security etc?! SBS2K version of
exchange
It's in the application log...if you don't see it, you've got some
problems with online maintenance, which is supposed to be running nightly.
Post by Mark Lewis
Deleted retention is zero
And always has been?
Post by Mark Lewis
defrag but still they are different,
Deleted Item Retention is one explanation. You can zero that out and
restart the IS.
Post by Mark Lewis
now the store won't always
mount, if it does emails fail
What do you mean?
Help!
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
2008-11-07 01:14:24 UTC
Post by Mark Lewis
Would it be worth doing an upgrade on the server to SBS 2003 Premium
addition? would it fix the errors?
Thanks
Mark
Are you the same fellow who has a lengthy thread going on in the SBS group
about this? If so, let's stay in there.

That said, SBS Standard & Premium both use E2003 Standard. If you're using
Exchange 2000 you would get a benefit from upgrading to Exchange 2003 SP2. I
don't know how easy it is to do an in place SBS upgrade, nor with this sort
of underlying problem.
Post by Mark Lewis
Can't find that event in event viewer, should there be an exchange
section along with applications, security etc?! SBS2K version of
exchange
It's in the application log...if you don't see it, you've got some
problems with online maintenance, which is supposed to be running nightly.
Post by Mark Lewis
Deleted retention is zero
And always has been?
Post by Mark Lewis
defrag but still they are different,
Deleted Item Retention is one explanation. You can zero that out
and restart the IS.
Post by Mark Lewis
now the store won't always
mount, if it does emails fail