Restore an Exchange Information Store using NTBackup
Pabs
2009-01-22 20:22:25 UTC
Hi, I need to restore an Exchange 2000 Information Store that was
backed- up using NTBackup. The issue is that someone left the company
and is looking for there old Outlook emails. My thought was to do a
restore to another Exchange server (have a test machine) and do an
Exmerge (I believe that's the name of the program) to extract the
users mailbox. Does this make sense? ANy other suggestions? Thanks.
Susan
2009-01-22 21:53:20 UTC
you have a recovery box that meets all the requirements? if so, then this
will work...and yes, it's exmerge.exe that extracts the data to a pst
file...
--
Susan Conkey [MVP]
John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]
2009-01-28 20:52:23 UTC
Or you could look at third party such Ontrack's Powercontrols which can
restore directly from tape, no restore server required.
--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA