All messages in my Inbox are gone!
John Riddle
2004-05-11 13:43:18 UTC
Hello,

I'm really hoping that someone can help me out. For some reason that I can't
figure out, when I came in this morning, every item except two (that came in
after 7:30AM) was missing from my Inbox. They were not in the deleted items
folder. Nothing was gone out of the sub-folders of my Inbox. Nothing was
missing from any other folder (Sent Items, Tasks, Deleted Items, etc.). Does
anyone have any ideas what might have happened over night? I'm the
Administrator of our system. There aren't any size limits or anything on on
the mailboxes, but I don't think that would just affect my Inbox anyway
would it? This is something that I've never run across before. It has only
affected my mailbox as well. I haven't had any other users screaming that
all of their emails are gone.

Any ideas?

John
Drew
John
Steve Carr
2004-05-11 15:28:56 UTC
that would be my guess too. If not, you want to see if you can "recover
delete items" directly from your inbox by adding changing the RegKey
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Options\DumpsterAlwaysOn to the
value 1 . You'd then need to log off of Outlook and back on. Then from your
inbox, select "Recover Deleted Items" and see if anything is there. Of
course I still think your best bet is a filter like Drew said.
Post by John Riddle
figure out, when I came in this morning, every item except two (that
came
Post by Drew
in
John
John Riddle
2004-05-18 16:13:25 UTC
Actually, I had already checked the "Recover Deleted Items". I was able to
recover them, but still very concerned that somehow every message in my
Inbox got put there over night. (There was no filter applied). I've
retrieved all my messages, but very concerned about what might have happened
to them in the first place. Any suggestions?

John
Post by John Riddle
figure out, when I came in this morning, every item except two (that
came
Post by Drew
in
Post by Drew
Post by John Riddle
affected my mailbox as well. I haven't had any other users screaming
that
Post by Drew
Post by John Riddle
all of their emails are gone.