Extract certain attachement from Exchange mailboxes
Miha
2010-05-13 16:17:48 UTC
Hello

Can anyone help me to write an Exchange powert scipt to extract (or delete)
all *.avi and *.mpeg attachement from all mailboxes on a server? Or is there
any other point-and-click via GUI way?
Thank you in advance
Regards,Miha
John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]
2010-05-13 21:56:54 UTC
What version of Exchange? Ontrack Powercontrols is a third party tool that
can do this but its not free.
--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA
Regards,Miha
Miha
Regards,Miha
Miha
2010-05-14 08:25:56 UTC
Have found the solution. Here is the script if someone need it
Get-Mailbox -ResultSize 'Unlimited' |
Export-Mailbox -DeleteContent -AttachmentFilenames '*.avi',
'*.mpeg' -TargetMailbox ExportedMailbox -TargetFolder 'Export'
Post by Miha
Exchange 2007.