Restoring my Public Information store
h***@nospam.com
2004-07-14 16:14:07 UTC
At some point during a recovery process my Public Information store
seems to have been corrupted. The pub1 files are present and seem to
be the proper size, but when I browse to the folder store in ESM, it
shows the Public Folders but nothing in them. If I browse to the
store via Explorer, it shows only one folder called Internet Newgroups
(must be a default from somewhere). My mailbox store is in tact and
works. I have attempted a brick level restore of my Public Folders
from Arcserve, and it errors with a 'failed to create folder' error.
I have all necessary permissions. What are my options for restoring
my Public Folders? The file seems in tact so perhaps it's corrupted.
Brick works for mailbox restores so why not public store? Can I do a
restore from my Exchange full backup which shows my Public Folders as
a seperate store without effecting my mailboxes? Do I need to
dismount the store prior to restoring this? Are there any utils that
will check the integrity of my store and repair it in this kind of
case?

thanks

Hal
Brij
2004-07-16 00:58:02 UTC
Here is answer to some of your queries

Brick level does not work on public folders (neither does Exmerge)

You need to dismount the public folder before restore- MS298901 article will help you.

You can restore public folders without affecting other exchange function - above article would apply in this case.

Isinteg and ESEUTIL will help in diagnosing and repairing corrupt database stores.

There are third party tools (such as Power Tool) which can do brick level restore from Public Folders - all you need is do a restore on any exchange server (e.g test server), do not mount and this utilty will read the database/folder structure.

Hope this will help/
Hal
i***@gmail.com
2012-07-11 06:18:27 UTC
Intra Masonry has been the leader in providing Brick Repair and Brick Replacement Services Southeastern Michigan. Intra Masonry can repair your brick damage or provide you with Custom Brick Michigan services.
http://www.intramasonry.com/