another OUT OF OFFICE
naguaramipana
2009-11-12 00:30:01 UTC
hi gurus

I have an e2k and some of my clients are 2003 and 2000 outlook, here is my
problem, When you apply the "out of office" only the users internally can see
the message but not the user outside the domain, I went to the ESM and allow
out of office in the "Internet email format" but still Once I sent an email
from outside I do not get a out of the office reply, where else can I go to
check why is not working

Thanks a bunch gurus
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
2009-12-02 20:12:56 UTC
Post by naguaramipana
hi gurus
I have an e2k and some of my clients are 2003 and 2000 outlook, here
is my problem, When you apply the "out of office" only the users
internally can see the message but not the user outside the domain, I
went to the ESM and allow out of office in the "Internet email
format" but still Once I sent an email from outside I do not get a
out of the office reply, where else can I go to check why is not
working
Thanks a bunch gurus
Hmmm - that's the only place you have to set it. Remember, OOF fires only
once per sender, so you should stop it / start it each time you want to test
if you're trying from the same external address to the same internal one.

Also, did you restart any services after making the change? you shouldn't
need to as I recall, but it can't hurt (or reboot the Exchange box
entirely).