OWA
Eldingo
2009-09-19 00:03:02 UTC
Hello All:

We have two Exchange Severs (2003 ent), users on Sever1 can access their
mailboxes via OWA on the internet, but user on Server2 cannot. What is the
easiest way to make user on Server 2 access their mailboxes on the internet
via OWA.

ciao.
Rich Matheisen [MVP]
2009-09-19 00:38:45 UTC
Post by Eldingo
We have two Exchange Severs (2003 ent), users on Sever1 can access their
mailboxes via OWA on the internet, but user on Server2 cannot. What is the
easiest way to make user on Server 2 access their mailboxes on the internet
via OWA.
Add a Front-End server to your organization. Your OWA users (and POP3,
IMAP4, and manybe even SMTP) can also use that server. The FE server
will act as a protocol proxy for POP and IMAP, and for OWA it'll also
proxy HTTP and HTTPS. Your ActiveSync users will also use it.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
Eldingo
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
Rich Matheisen [MVP]
2009-09-19 17:13:45 UTC
Post by Eldingo
Thanks Rich, our fron-end server is a spam appliance called MailMarshal, and
we do not have resources to dedicate hardware for another front-end
exchange.
Without the FE server you'll only be able to use the 2nd machine with
OWA if you make it accessible to the Internet in the same way you did
the 1st machine. Users on the 2nd machine would then use a different
URL to access their mailbox with OWA. Public folder access may prove
to be a problem with this method if all the folders don't have
replicas on both machines.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP