ExMerge to PST , am i missing anything?
realized
2009-06-05 14:24:16 UTC
i am in the process of moving a small company off of an Exchange
server and onto a hosted pop3 solution. I have tested exmerge
successfully and created pst files for some test subjects.

exchange is currently used for personal email accounts only and
doens't have any shared folders or anything.

I would like to create new outlooks, import all their old emails and
address book, and configure the new profile in outlook for the
pop3,,,,

am i missing anything? Exmerge is the way to from from Exchange 2000
directly to Outlook 2003 right?

Also once i use Exmerge, all the data is still stored on the exchange
server right ? (incase i need to go back..and do it again?)
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
2009-06-05 18:12:37 UTC
Post by realized
i am in the process of moving a small company off of an Exchange
server and onto a hosted pop3 solution.
OT, but what's the reason for this rather major downgrade? If you weren't
going to stick with in-house mail you might look at hosted Exchange. As you
must be aware, POP mail is not going to give them very many features, and
although you say "personal email accounts only" some of those features may
be ones they used to or would like to use, such as sharing/collaboration of
mail/contacts/calendar/etc, distribution lists, OWA, out of office, wireless
handheld sync, public folders, internal mail, distribution lists, and
manageable centralized backups. POP mail is a very limited solution suitable
mainly for home users who don't rely on mail very much.
Post by realized
I have tested exmerge
successfully and created pst files for some test subjects.
exchange is currently used for personal email accounts only and
doens't have any shared folders or anything.
Pity nobody showed them any of the nicer features ;-)
Post by realized
I would like to create new outlooks, import all their old emails and
address book, and configure the new profile in outlook for the
pop3,,,,
am i missing anything? Exmerge is the way to from from Exchange 2000
directly to Outlook 2003 right?
Yep.