removing a user from another users mailbox rights...
Brad Pears
2009-05-22 18:26:38 UTC
We have an SBS 2000 running Exchange 2000. I want to remove one of our users
completely from another users mailbox rights.

When I go into the AD profile for the user I want to modify permissions on,
I select the "Exchange Advanced" tab and then click the "Mailbox Rights",
all of the users in there are inheriting from the parent - which I cannot
seem to find anywhere. Where are these permissions being inherited from? I
thought it may on the actual information store or the mail server itself but
it isn't on either...

Help!

Thanks, Brad
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
2009-05-23 16:19:23 UTC
Post by Brad Pears
We have an SBS 2000 running Exchange 2000. I want to remove one of
our users completely from another users mailbox rights.
When I go into the AD profile for the user I want to modify
permissions on, I select the "Exchange Advanced" tab and then click
the "Mailbox Rights", all of the users in there are inheriting from
the parent - which I cannot seem to find anywhere. Where are these
permissions being inherited from? I thought it may on the actual
information store or the mail server itself but it isn't on either...
Help!
Thanks, Brad
Open Exchange System Manager, find the mail store and go to the security
properties to see if it's there. If not, go up one level to the server and
check there.